Dental Business Updates for 2019
October 19 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm$25 – $120
*****Limited time 50% discount for ALL DENTISTS if you register by
1) Employment Law “Hot Topics”: 4 CE units (lecture)
2) Retirement Planning in 40s, 50s, and 60s – 3 CE units (lecture)
Location: Nobel Biocare, Yorba Linda CA
Price: $80 AGD members; $100 non-AGD members & local Dental Society members; $25 Dental Students
This course is for Dentists only.
CE Units: 7 Lecture
AGD Subject Code: 550
Registration includes continental breakfast & lunch
Free parking available
Course 1) Employment Law “Hot Topics”: 4 CE units (lecture)
Employment lawsuits are continuing at an alarming rate. It is critical for all Dental Practice Owners to educate themselves in order to avoid (or prevail against) these very expensive claims. Program includes an in-depth discussion of common questions and claims arising in today’s dental practice, such as leaves of absence; discrimination, harassment and wrongful termination. Other “hot topics” and risks that leave California Dental Practices the most vulnerable will also be covered. Handouts will include practical tools and information that you can use immediately in your own office.
- Key New Employment Laws – What’s coming in 2020
- Marijuana Laws & Other Controlled Substance Issues – Do we have to accommodate it?
- Leaves of Absence & Reasonable Accommodation – What is, and isn’t, required?
- The Triple Threat: Discrimination + Harassment + Retaliation = Wrongful Termination
- Wrongful Termination – Doesn’t “at-will” mean employment can be terminated for any reason?
- Release Agreements and Separation Packages – Should we or shouldn’t we?
- Protected Categories: Beyond Age, Race & Sex
- Mediation / Arbitration – What are the differences, pros and cons?
- Employment Practice Liability insurance – Should we have it? What does it cover?
- Other Hot Employment Topics for Dental Practices
- Q & A
Anita York is a partner with the law firm of Scott & Whitehead and devotes her practice to the representation of employers, including more than 250 dental practices. Ms. York’s counseling practice includes advising employers on a wide range of personnel issues, policies and practices, as well as the review and preparation of employee handbooks, employment agreements, etc. Ms. York also represents employers in legal disputes brought by former (and current) employees in a variety of areas, such as wage and hour (including “Labor Board” claims), wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment and retaliation.
Course 2) Retirement Planning in 40s, 50s, and 60s – 3 CE units (lecture)
- Steps to Maximize Your Personal Wealth Outside Your Business
- How to Find The Right Advisors for your Team and Avoid The Wrong One
- Strategies to Reduce Debt and each stage of your dental career
- Tactics to Accumulate Wealth and create passive income
- Conduct an interactive assessment of your current team
- Learn the wealth management hierarchy
- How to conduct a stress test on your existing wealth plans to verify they will deliver as promised.
Robert P. “Bob” Phillips is founder and president of Phillips Accountancy Corporation, a dental accounting firm located in Orange County, California. Bob earned his degree in Accounting from California State University, Fullerton, and continued his education by taking specialty courses, eventually achieving the designation Personal Financial Specialist (held by less than 1% of CPAs nationwide). Additionally, Bob is a Certified Financial Planner and uses that knowledge to present rounded, proactive tax planning for his clients. He has been working almost exclusively with and for dentists since 1987.
Timothy “Tim” McNeely has served as a personal CFO to a limited number of dentalpreneurs by helping them create passive income so they can make work optional.
However, what matters the most to Tim is meeting my wife, Dana Yeoman D.D.S. He saw the frustration she had running her dental practice and set out to help make things simple. Since meeting Dana, Tim has helped guide hundreds of busy dentists in informed decisions about their money so they can keep changing the world for the better. He does this by sharing strategies from the Super Rich (Net Worth of $500 million or more) and making these strategies available to all dentists, no matter their net worth.reate passive income so they can make work optional.
Tim is contributing author to leading dental publications, a frequent speaking at dental association meetings, and was invited to contribute the foreword to “Becoming Seriously Wealthy: How to Harness the Strategies of the Super Rich and Ultra-Wealthy Business Owners.”
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
- All registrations are subject to a $25 non- refundable processing fee.
- Cancellations made by email prior to 10/12/19 will receive a refund less the $25 processing fee.
- Cancellations made after 10/12/19 are completely non-refundable.
- Transfer of a registration to another name will be considered by email request through 10/15/19.
Registration begins at 7:30 amRegister Now – Select Your Tickets